What Students Will Learn
In addition to building character & confidence, learning control & focus and increasing strength & balance, students will learn the specific Wado Ryu skills and katas detailed in the chart at each belt level.
Building from basic punches, blocks and kicks, students will combine what they have been taught at each belt level into a prearranged set of techniques and motions used to showcase the skills they have learned.
Each belt level adds new skills and builds upon all previous knowledge and skills.
Please use the video links at the bottom of the page for additional review of the basics (punches, blocks & kicks) and katas.
- Middle Punch
- High Block
- Inward Middle Block
- Outward Middle Block
- Low Block
- Front Snap Kick
- Punches, Blocks & Kicks (Overview)
- Kihon Kata Shodan (White Belt -> learn for Yellow Belt)
- Kihon Kata Nidan (Yellow Belt -> learn for Orange Belt)
- Kihon Kata Mae Geri Shodan (Orange Belt -> learn for Purple Belt)
- Kihon Kata Sandan (Purple Belt -> learn for Green Belt)
- Pinan Shodan (Green Belt -> learn for Blue Belt)
- Pinan Nidan (Blue Belt -> learn for Brown 3 Belt)
- Pinan Sandan (Brown 3 Belt -> learn for Brown 2 Belt)
- Pinan Yodan (Brown 2 Belt -> learn for Brown 1 Belt)
- Pinan Godan (Brown 1 Belt -> learn for Pre-Shodan Belt)
- Naihanchi (Pre-Shodan Belt -> lean for Black Belt (Shodan)